Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nica!!

Hola!!

We landed yesterday to a sunny and hot (90s) Managua in the midst of a transportation strike - the whole of Nicaragua actually - but since our hotel is across the street from the airport & we have nowhere to go till Saturday, the strike isn't affecting us much yet. For being across from the airport, it's surprisingly quiet, I think i've only heard planes a handful of times so it's not a super busy place.

Training is going fine, we do have AC in the hotel so it's a slow transition, & also this lovely wireless that I can only access by sitting next to a post out on a patio, but whatever!! I have some pictures I'll try to post later when I have time. Sounds like Skype is alive & well in internet cafes here, so if you have an account & I didn't find you, find me!! and I may wait till I get my site assignment to buy a cell phone, but the volunteers who are here with us say that everyone has a phone.

Tomorrow I'll find out my training site and also the 2-3 other people who'll be there with me through July. But it's approaching dinner so I need to go, hopefully post some pictures soon - maybe later tonight.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yeay you made it safe and sound to Nicaragua!! I am SO glad! it is rainy and ick here in DC but luckily that means my allergy attack is subsiding.

Miss you so much already and can't wait to hear more!! Good luck!!! xoxo

<3