Friday, May 9, 2008

Fotos!!

Today is the first day I really feel like I live in Nicaragua! We were finally able to leave the hotel this evening & tour parts of Managua & we leave in the morning for our training sites and host families. I'll be in El Rosario, which is in the "state" (they're called Departments here) of Carazo, not far from Masaya which is probably the closest city that can be found on the map. I don't have my little info sheet with me, but I'll be living with a family that has 3 daughters around my age (like 20 to 25), also a 4 month old baby & I think a 6 year old. So I'm hoping that they all like me :) There are 3 other trainees in El Rosario & I was told that there's also a volunteer living there.

So this is our last night in the hotel all together, the business volunteers are training around Masaya & we won't be seeing them much during training, which is sad. But now it's time to go see the real Nicaragua & get on with what I came here to do. Thanks for the emails from those of you who have written me so far!! Keep them coming :)

The connection here isn't great, so I've only successfully uploaded one picture so far. Here are some of us doing yoga at the airport in DC on Wednesday morning:



No comments: