Saturday, May 31, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlma

Wooo, tropical storms! Or was it a hurricane? I'm not sure, I've heard it called both. All I know is that it rained for more than 24 hours and we got classes canceled for it. It also caused a lot of flooding and at least one death. Here's what it looked like in the backyard. Those dark things obscuring the view are laundry trying to dry very unsuccessfully. Unfortunately much of my laundry was included and even things that were previously dry became excessively damp due to the high humidity.


I posted a bunch of photos on my Facebook page, but I've got a good connection today so here are some more:


This is my little host niece Alandy (though in my learning of the espaƱol, I keep calling her my grandaughter), she's 3 and completely crazy. Everyone agrees that she's the epitome of the word 'necia' which is basically a super energetic crazy child. She runs in and out of the house, leaving messes everywhere she goes, and only really stays clean for about 5 minutes after a bath. And pretty much everyday she hurts herself or just throws a tantrum or six. I still can't really understand anything that comes out of her mouth.


This is the view from El Crucero, a little place where we have some of our training sessions. I just took a panoramic photo from there today when it was completely clear that I'll try to upload soon too. You can almost see the ocean!!

ok, time's running short. I got mail today, thanks for the letters!! It absolutely made my day!

No comments: