Thursday, February 25, 2010

Temblor!

So I had a nice little post about drinking juice out of plastic bags that will just have to wait for a later date because last night I felt my first tremor! I was chilling in bed watching a DVD on my laptop when my bed starting wobbling back and forth. I live next to the highway and large trucks routinely shake the house, but this was not the same kind of shake. It only lasted maybe 10 seconds, but scared the crap out me as I laid there convinced a bigger tremor was to follow. Thankfully nothing did, though I didn't sleep well.

So today I mentioned to my counterpart Axel that I had felt a tremor last night, he said he didn't feel anything. Then I went online and found this. Apparently it was a 5.9 on the Richter scale out in the ocean off San Juan del Sur. No injuries or damage have been reported, but tremors were felt up and down the Pacific Coast.

I'm glad that I'm cleared of being crazy, because I was feeling a little nuts not having my experience collaborated. Now I can check Earthquake off my things to experience in life, and quite frankly I'd prefer not to repeat it ever again!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Glad it wasn't closer and all is well :) xoxo