Monday, December 21, 2009

Roaming Around

Last weekend I finally went to see the infamous waterfall in a nearby pueblo (I say infamous because the town is named for it) and to wander around on a finca (farm) as I love to do. Photos:

Little bitty plantain plants:


Tomates:


Cows:


Sorghum


Dried up corn:


Perty flowers:


Really big plantains:


Climbing a tree:


Waterfall!


Me in the waterfall:


On Friday I went to the beach with my local NGO for their Christmas party which included all the Nicaraguan staff as well as the remaining German volunteers. At one point we decided there were more Germans than Nicas (and clearly I was waaaay outnumbered):

Perfect swimming spot:


Look at all those cheles (white people)!


My two favorite ladies:


And cute kids:




And just to make my tranquilo life here a little more interesting, I came home on Friday night to find this on my bathroom wall:



It’s only the second scorpion I’ve had in my house in the year that I’ve lived here and the other one was out of reach to kill & left on its own. Luckily this time I had my handy can of Raid so I grabbed a flip flop as back-up, carefully opened the door that goes outside from the bathroom so I could hide behind it and escape in case of Very Angry Scorpion, and sprayed the sucker. Thankfully it fell off the wall and tried to escape but fell over so I smashed him with the sandal & kicked him into the backyard. The end.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You're amazing. I would like to always live with you!!!

bath mate said...

As always an excellent posting.The
way you write is awesome.Thanks. Adding more information will be more useful.

Bathmate