Saturday, March 1, 2008

If you're going to San Francisco....

So I went to the San Francisco Bay Area a couple weeks ago to visit my brother and celebrate both of our birthdays. We were blessed with perfect weather for the entire time and I totally loved the city and the entire area. I saw lots of San Rafael, where he lives, and other parts of Marin County including Mount Tamalpais, also Berkeley, Point Richmond, and we spent 2 days in San Fran itself. One of the interesting features of the trip is that it was entirely by public transit since Jonathan is sans car and because he lives in San Rafael, this involved taking buses almost everywhere and walking a whole lot. I don't really want to write a book about the trip, but here are some of my favorite pictures. Hopefully you'll recognize the one above :)


I flew in on Valentines Day in the afternoon. Jonathan met me in the city, we walked around, ate some dinner, and then went to a pillow fight!!! It was pretty sweet, there were tons of people there and feathers were flying, quite literally! I actually found a little bitty one in one of my contacts when I took them out that night.


This is the view from China Beach, which we happened upon in our unguided journey from the Golden Gate to the Sutro Baths.


These houses may look a little familiar. This is in Alamo Square, where the opening to Full House was shot. We wandered around trying to find the real Full House house but found out later that it's a few blocks north.



We toured around several neighborhoods including the Castro, the Mission, Chinatown, Haight-Ashbury, Seacliffe, and this is in North Beach. We stopped here, here being Washington Square I believe, to enjoy some gelato from one of the many many places selling gelato around the neighborhood.



The view of downtown San Fran from the top of Telegraph Hill.


We stood in line for forever and took the trolley. It was totally worth it!!


On Jonathan's birthday we climbed to the top of Mount Tamalpais, the highest point in Marin County. Waaaaaaay off in the distance just under the cloud cover is San Francisco.


And here we are, San Francisco-exploring, mountain-climbing, both-one-year-older siblings, chilling out on Mt. Tam.

There are many more photos than that, but you get the idea! I don't have a photo for possibly the most memorable thing we did, which was Jonathan's birthday present for me: a life reading! We went to see a guy who channeled my life spirit and did a tarot card reading. I admit that I was a little skeptical at first, but he just shut his eyes & started talking with amazing accuracy about the challenges and opportunities I have in my life right now. Most of what he talked about are things that are rolling around in my head at the present and it solidified the path that I'm choosing to take, which mostly is that there isn't a path at the moment, but me choosing to go out & do some crazy stuff I've always wanted to do. If anyone wants to hear more about the trip or the reading, I'm more than happy to talk about both! It was a fantastic trip and absolutely the best way I possibly could have spent my birthday.

No comments: