Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Do not leave the dirty clothes you could wash today while there's water until tomorrow, because there won't be any water!!

I have discovered that water distribution in my town is ridiculously unfair. I had intermittent water last week till about Friday and then not again until Monday from sometime in the afternoon till about 6am on Tuesday and it hasn't come back since. Unfortunately I was having some stomach difficulties Sunday night and Monday so when the water finally did come on I didn't have the energy wash my clothes. I say it's unfair because up where my landlord lives they've had water every single day almost all day. Of course this morning when I finally called to see if I could just bring my monumental pile of laundry up there to wash they don't have water either. Figures.

In other exciting news, Nicaragua's phone system is overloaded so today all cell phones add an 8 to the front end and all land lines add a 2. Some volunteers have mentioned that maybe this will mean it'll be easier for international calls to get through, I guess we'll see.

Yeah, I don't have a theme for this week's post.

I've received a couple inquiries about a photo from my last post where I'm holding hands with a person of the male persuasion. In my tunnel vision I didn't consider the fact that not everyone in the world knows that that's my gay friend Moises and not my latin lover. Sorry!

Moment of the week: On Sunday I went with some friends to a river outside of town, in order to get to the farm and intended river we had to cross another river- as in drive through the river, not cross a bridge. (I guess I really shouldn't complain too much about my lack of water because just outside of town there are lots of people who have to haul their laundry down to the river to wash - though it might come to that point for me soon.) A couple guys had parked their truck in the middle of the river and were sitting in their underpants enjoying the cool water. My friend Bernd snapped a picture so I'll try to get a copy to share with you all.

That's all I've got this week, here are some pictures of a cool crab we found during Semana Santa:




No comments: