Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Viejita

I turned 25 this weekend and for the first time in my life I got to have a summer birthday. Growing up in Minnesota I was a little jealous of the kids who could have outdoor birthday parties in the summer while I was stuck inside in the middle of February. To make up for lost time, I invited some friends over and we hit the beach, and then we had a BBQ. It was definitely a birthday to remember.

Cumplí 25 el fin de semana pasada y para la primera vez tenía un cumpleaños del verano. Cuando yo era niña en Minnesota estaba celosa de los chavalos con fiestas de cumpleaños afuera de la casa en el verano y yo siempre estaba celebrando adentro por el frio en febrero. Pero este año invité a mis amigas a mi casa, fuimos al mar, y tuvimos una barbecua. Fue magnifico.

Here are my awesome volunteer friends who came over to celebrate with me:
Las voluntarias quien vinieron a celebrar conmigo:


and our whole beach crew, Nicas and volunteers alike:
El grupo en el mar, Nicas y voluntarios:


We feasted on ice cream on that night:
Comimos muchisimo Eskimo:


My friends showed up at my house around 3:00 on the afternoon of my birthday carrying a lit barbecue. Only in Nicaragua.
Mis amigos llegaron a mi casa llevando una estufa con fuego. Solo en Nicaragua.


On my back patio with my friend Maria:
En el patio alfondo con Maria:

No comments: