Monday, December 29, 2008

Last Blog of 2008!

This was a Christmas full of firsts. This is the first Christmas I've ever spent outside of Minnesota and away from my family. It was a the first Christmas that didn't feel like Christmas because there was no build-up and bombardment of everything Christmas like in the States and it's hot and there's no snow = it's not Christmas. Finally, it's the first time I sang karaoke in public!

I give you, Navidad 2008: A Photo Montage.

John and his new kittie who I'm pretty sure is evil, but for now he fits in his pocket!


Being the multi-faith, open-minded, PCVs that we are, we celebrated Hanukkah with Avi and lit the menorah (also a first):


Singing Hey Jude, which is a favorite song of our group, but all those Na Na Nas get really boring to sing after a while:


Dianne and I singing Don't Stop Believin by Journey. Oh yeah.



I had the good fortune to meet up with my friend Sophia from Macalester who was vacationing in Nicaragua with her family:


Finally, here we are just about to devour an amazing Christmas Dinner:


Despite being far from my family, we had a pretty good Christmas here in Nicaragua. I'll be staying in my site for New Years though.

The Español:
Esta fue mi primera Navidad fuera de Minnesota y fuera de mi familia, sin nieve y con mucho calor. Y la primera vez que he cantado karaoke en publico! Pero pasabamos bien y voy a quedar en mi sitio para el fin del año.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!!

That kitty is freaking ADORABLE!!!!!!!! I wish Dia would fit in my pocket!!!

:)

XOXO MISS YOU!!!!